Finance and HR are #StrongerTogether
The Finance Meets HR Summit will challenge leaders to collaborate more in 2020
The annual finance meets HR event will take place this year on 18 February at the Equinox Leadership & Innovation Centre. At the beginning of every year, South Africa’s leading finance executives and HR executives learn and network together and an event where they are inspired and challenged by world-class speakers and panellists.
Executives often leave this event with a better understanding of the future and what it holds for their respective organisations. It also allows for more synergy between the finance and HR functions, setting the tone for the fruitful and collaborative year.
Highlights of this year’s programme include a sneak peek into the future of HR and finance by Accenture’s Luis Rodriguez, a panel discussion with CFO Marinella Vigouroux (Howden) and HR execs Dolores Mashishi (Altron) and Jasmin Pillay (Microsoft), and a final word from the inimitable Nicola Tyler of the Business Results Group.
Among one of the critical questions to be tackled is ‘Who will be the CEO’s co-pilot of the future?’ Is it the CFO with a numbers-based, analytical mindset or is it the HR director with a focus on people, culture and strategy?
If finance and HR are #StrongerTogether, what does that mean for you as executives and how are your peers going about collaborating with each other?
Along with excellent food and drinks, the programme allows for the CFO and CHRO communities interrogate the areas where strategy, accounting, profit and people collide, also making plenty of time to catch up with one another and make new business connections.
- 16h30 - 17h00: Registration and networking
- 17h00 - 17h30: The future belongs to HR and/or finance with Luis Rodriguez, managing director Accenture Strategy, Africa
- 17h30 - 18h00: Group discussion. What do YOU think of HR? How do YOU view finance? A free-flowing half an hour to share insights with peers and make new business friends.
- 18h20 - 18h25: #StrongerTogether with Zuko Mdwaba, Country Managing Director, Workday
- 18h25 - 19h00: Panel discussion with Dolores Mashihi (Group Executive: Human Capital at Altron), Jasmin Pillay (HR Director at Microsoft SA) and Marinella Vigouroux (CFO at Howden Africa).
- 19h20 - 19h40: Tying it all together: 5 reasons why finance and HR are #StrongerTogether with Nicola Tyler, CEO at Business Results Group
- 19h40 - Networking, drinks, canapes