These are South Africa's best recruitment advertisers for 2019.
The winners of the AMARA Annual Media Recruitment Awards hosted by Arena Holdings (formerly Tiso Blackstar) were announced at a formal awards event held at the The Empire Venue in Parktown on Friday, 8 November 2019. The AMARA’s are the leading awards recognition for outstanding service and achievement in the South African recruitment industry, across both the public and private sectors, celebrating excellence among individuals and agencies alike.
Eben Gewers, Head of Advertising at Arena Holdings says: “The AMARA’s are an opportunity for the industry to acknowledge the considerable dedication of professionals working in the recruitment industry, and the challenges they regularly overcome. Securing the best talent for their clients is paramount, and where the value of print advertising to promote exciting employment opportunities cannot be underestimated.”
The 2019 winners are as follows:
Best Recruitment Advertising Agency
- Winner – Ultimate Recruitment Solutions
- 1st runner up – Whoodoo Media and Advertising
- 2nd runner up – Human Communications
Best Newsprint Creative: Private Sector
- Winner – Human Communications for South 32 Rock Engineer
- 1st runner up – Human Communications for AIDC - Call for applications
- 2nd runner up – Siyafika Communications for LEDA - New Era Life
Best Newsprint Creative: Public Sector
- Winner – Human Communications for World AIDS Day
- 1st runner up – Ebony & Ivory for IDC - Presidential Infrastructure
- 2nd runner up – Siyafika Communications for Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF)
Best Newsprint Creative: Education Sector
- Winner – Gear Advertising for St Andrews Operations Manager
- 1st runner up – Gear Advertising for Sol Plaatjie University - Vice Chancellor
- 2nd runner up – Human Communications for University of Johannesburg - Is 4.0 the demise of childhood?
The Publisher’s Award went to Duduzile Ntuli of Basadzi, while Siyafika Communications was the recipient of the Rising Star Award. This was the fist year that the Innovation and Multiplatform Award was made, joint recipients of which were Ebony & Ivory, and Jonti Tenders.