Tiso Blackstar's AMARA Recruitment Awards recently celebrated the achievements of recruitment industry professionals.
When it comes to recruitment, you will want to attract the best and the brightest people to serve as the foundations and grassroots of your company. Tiso Blackstar Group’s Annual Recruitment Awards, otherwise known as the AMARA’s, recently celebrated the achievements of recruitment industry professionals at a formal awards event held at the Park House of Events in Hyde Park, Gauteng. The AMARA’s are the leading awards recognition for outstanding service and achievement in the South African recruitment industry, across both the public and private sectors – where individuals, agencies and print advertising creativity are celebrated.
Reardon Sanderson, General Manager of Group Sales & Marketing at Tiso Blackstar says,
“The costs of replacing and appointing new talent can have significant bottom-line implications for businesses, which makes it imperative for HR to bring the most suitable hires on-board from the get-go. And an effective print recruitment ad is the first step in a successful process. This is why we feel the need to honour those individuals and agencies that show a deep understanding of the employment sector, and how to match the right individuals to the right job.”
The 2018 AMARA judging panel comprised Nikki Munsie, Business Director at Independent Agency Search and Selection Company, Ross Mengel, Director at DMA group; Ian Mann, MD of Gateway Business Consultants; Dr Kgomotso Kasonkola, Senior Director of HR at the University of the Witwatersrand, and, lastly Monalisa Zwambila, the CEO of Riverbed Communications.
The judges shortlisted finalists for the best creative recruitment adverts in the private, public and education sectors and voting was then opened up online, for input from the public and other industry professionals.
Here are the winners from the recent awards:
Best Recruitment Advertising Agency
- Winner: Ultimate Recruitment Solutions
- 1st runner-up: Gear Advertising
- 2nd runner-up: Basadzi Personnel
Best Newsprint Creative: Private Sector
- Winner: Human Communications for Pannar Seed
- 1st runner-up: Gear Advertising for Academic Partners
- 2nd runner-up: Gear Advertising for AC Witcher
Best Newsprint Creative: Public Sector
- Winner: Human Communications for the Road Traffic Infringement Agency
- 1st runner-up: Human Communications for the National Treasury
- 2nd runner-up: The Working Earth for SANBS
Best Newsprint Creative: Education Sector
- Winner: Gear Advertising for the University of Cape Town
- 1st runner-up: Working Earth for Crawford College
- 2nd runner-up: Human Communications for the Central University of Technology
The remaining two awards, namely the Publisher’s Award and the Rising Star Award, went to Rirhandzu Mashaba of Whoodoo Media and Advertising, and Tsele Consulting respectively.
“The ads that we selected, we felt did the job well,” says Ian, who believes an ad should aim to attract the right quality candidates and not focus necessarily on the number of applicants for a position.